Engagement@Harvard is an area of collective focus for our community. Our aim is to foster greater engagement, the emotional and intellectual involvement that motivates employees to do their best work and contribute to Harvard’s success.
70% of Harvard employees completed the 2015 Harvard University Employee Engagement Survey. Our ultimate goal in measuring engagement is to find ways to increase our collective satisfaction and contribution to the organization. A summary of survey findings is available here. As the engagement model from our survey vendor BlessingWhite illustrates, employees, managers, and senior leaders each have a role in fostering engagement.
As we look ahead, we hope the resources listed on the Engagement Resources page will help continue to guide our direction as a community invested in Engagement@Harvard. Harvard staff members are invited to join the conversation on Twitter and LinkedIn and to enroll in any of our Engagement programs:
- Becoming a Coaching Manager: Interactive workshop for managers looking to explore and develop coaching and listening skills. Offered March 29, 2017
- What Drives You?: Develops awareness of one's strengths and values and intrinsic motivators to find greater meaning at work. Offered January 13, 2017 and June 21, 2017
- Engaging Conversations: Initiate powerful conversations more frequently at work and productively build strong workplace relationships. Offered May 9, 2017
- Embracing Change: Improves our ability to actively identify problems and opportunities for change, as well as maintain effectiveness when experiencing change in work tasks or work environment. Offered March 7, 2017 and May 8, 2017
- Making the Most of Feedback: Explores methods to contain and capture the feedback most important to your future growth and success. Offered May 4, 2017
- Career Check Up: Auditing your career helps to keep it healthy, including taking time to reflect on your career goals and connecting to the career resources available at Harvard. Offered April 11, 2017
- Building Employee Engagement: Provides building blocks for managers interested in creating a more engaging workplace through the development of coaching and change management skills.
Also see Managing Your Career for additional resources and programs.
CWD courses are open to benefits-eligible Harvard employees. Please register for CWD courses through the Harvard Training Portal, where you will also find complete course descriptions, pre-work and other information.