Groundbreaking research, medical breakthroughs, scientific discoveries, technological advances, revolutionary ideas, and powerful frameworks—at Harvard, they’re all in day’s work. Across Harvard, we are committed to advancing the frontiers of innovation and knowledge.
Our collaborative environment is designed to foster new ways of thinking and promote innovative solutions. In our workplace, we value individuals who embrace a forward-looking mindset aimed at developing creative ways to address emerging challenges.
If you’re interested in the latest advances in science, technology, or medicine, you’ll be on the front lines of innovation, being part of and supporting efforts that have the capacity to change the world.
Harvard’s commitment to innovation extends across many areas. A few examples include:
- HarvardX: This university-wide effort to support faculty innovation in teaching and learning has produced free, online learning experiences that have reached nearly 1.5 million students from 200 countries around the world.
- Harvard Innovation Lab (i-lab): A resource for Harvard students, employees as well as other community members who are interested in entrepreneurship and innovation, the i-lab helps students grow their ventures at any stage of development, including sponsoring innovation competitions, hacks and information programs.
- Personal Genome Project (PGP): Created by Harvard Medical School, the PGP is a freely available scientific resource that brings together genomic, environmental and human trait data.
- Primary Care Innovations Conference: Held by Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care, this conference focuses on innovations in primary care education.
- HBX: A digital learning initiative powered by the faculty of Harvard Business School, HBX welcomes students from all over the world.
“You can never tell what the source of innovation will be at Harvard. It could come from medicine; it could come from the sciences; it could come from nearly any direction.”
HBS Professor and Faculty Chair, Harvard Innovation Lab