Harvard University Retirement Center (HURC)
With the HURC, you can easily manage your retirement plan, TDA and 457(b) assets online or by phone, 800-527-1398 (weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST). By contacting HURC, you can open and make changes to your TDA and elect investment providers for your retirement, TDA and 457(b) accounts.
To transfer funds between vendors, or if you are a retiree who wants to access your accounts, please contact your investment company directly.
Education and advice
Get help developing a sound retirement plan by accessing retirement resources and expert help online, over the phone, or in person. To learn more, click on the link for your chosen investment provider(s):
- Fidelity Investments Advice and Education Services for Harvard
- TIAA Advice and Education Services for Harvard
- Vanguard Advice and Education Services for Harvard
To learn more about your retirement benefits, you can attend free, on-campus educational seminars or take advantage of live and prerecorded webinars. View our Financial Education Calendar for upcoming programs and registration information. You can also visit the investment provider(s) websites directly for other programs:
These recorded presentations can help you get started:
- Two minutes to get on track with your retirement savings (from Fidelity Investments)
- Plan de retiro en Espanol (from TIAA-CREF)
- Roth TDA Option: Learn about the Roth features, determining if the Roth contribution option in the TDA might be right for you, and how to enroll
Retirewise - free retirement planning workshops
Comprehensive workshop presented by MetLife, free for faculty, staff and spouses/partners, over two half days. Next dates: March 24 and 31, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at 114 Mt. Auburn Street, Rm. 406, Cambridge. Register here.
Want personalized retirement planning assistance? To schedule an appointment, contact your chosen investment provider(s) directly:
Fidelity: Visit www.fidelity.com/atwork/reservations or call 800-642-7131.
TIAA: Call 800-732-8353 to schedule an appointment at 97 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge, or make appointments online at www.tiaa.org/schedulenow
Vanguard: Visit www.meetvanguard.com or call 800-662-0106, x14500 to schedule an appointment.
See our Financial Education Calendar to learn more.
Steps for Those Close to Retirement
When you're getting closer to retirement and considering your options, Harvard provides additional guidance.
- Review our Retirement Checklist and the Benefits publication "What Happens to Your Benefits When You Retire"
- If you were hired before July 1, 2001 (July 1, 2002 if you are in the HUCTW) or if you are a service/trades union employee, call the Harvard University Retirement Center (HURC) at 800-527-1398 to request a pension estimate, which takes about two weeks to receive
- If you and/or your spouse will be age 65 or older as of your retirement date, contact Benefits (617-496-4001) three months prior to get the forms you will need to enroll in Medicare A & B and discuss the over-age-65 medical plan choices.
- Make an appointment with the Benefits office.
- The Harvard University Retirees Association (HURA) is a source of information about life in retirement and an opportunity to remain connected to the University. Membership is free in your first year of retirment. You can learn more on the HURA website.