Harvard's New Employee Orientation, open to all University employees, introduces you to the structure and culture of the University, highlights the rewards and opportunities you'll experience, and gives you a chance to meet other new colleagues. You will learn about our benefits and campus services and have plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
When: Held 3 to 4 Mondays each month in Cambridge (sessions held on Tuesdays where noted, see below for specific dates), from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; continental breakfast at 8:45 a.m.
Where: Room 3318 at the Center for Workplace Development (CWD) located on the third floor of 124 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, just two blocks from the center of Harvard Square. Walking and driving directions are available.
Registration is required: You may register yourself (or a manager may register an employee) for an upcoming session by emailing email@example.com with the information below. In some areas, the enrollment process is different, so please check with your local HR office first.
- New employee’s name, title and school/department;
- A telephone number and email address for the new employee; and
- The date the new employee would prefer to attend orientation. See list of dates below.
While CWD will do everything it can to accommodate first choices, please understand that space is limited and spots fill up quickly. CWD will send a confirmation email to the address provided in the registration request; check with your manager or local HR office for date, if a request was made on your behalf.
2017 Orientation Sessions
You are not required to bring anything to the session, but it is very helpful to bring your Benefits Enrollment packet if you have already received it. If you haven’t received your Benefits Enrollment packet, you may speak with your department administrator or someone in your local human resources office.
Benefits Online Orientation
In addition to the in-person Orientation sessions, which cover a wide range of topics, Harvard Benefits provides online benefits-only orientations by employee group, which may be helpful in preparing for the in-person sessions or to review after. Please note that you will have to log-in using your HarvardKey to view these presentations.
- 2017 Harvard Benefits Orientation for New Administrative and Professional Staff
- 2017 Harvard Benefits Orientation for New Faculty
- 2017 Harvard Benefits Orientation for New Post Doctoral Fellows
- 2017 Harvard Benefits Orientation for Members of HUCTW & ATC
- 2017 Harvard Benefits Orientation for Members of HUPA, HUSPMGU, SEIU and Local 26