Still not actively using LinkedIn for professional networking? Harvard recruiters say you should, and share top reasons to “love” LinkedIn:
- Connecting to professionals in your field, both new connections and people from past jobs, schools, conferences, professional development, etc., including making it easy to congratulate them on new accomplishments
- Using your connections as an introductory path to people in organizations of future interest (e.g., at an employer you’re considering applying to)
- Creating and promoting your professional “brand” through links, videos and recommendations (it’s more flexible than a resume and is always available for viewing)
- Reading articles that are quick and informative about current workforce trends.
- Recruiters use it to identify highly qualified candidates who might not be looking (they really do!)
Need a little guidance with LinkedIn?
LinkedIn Module on Lynda.com
How to Use your Linked In Profile to Power a Career Transition, Harvard Business Review.org