Director of Compensation: Julie Zanotta
WHAT WE DO
Harvard Compensation supports the University in attracting, motivating, recognizing and retaining a highly qualified workforce by providing effective pay programs.
Compensation works with leaders and human resources professionals across the University to establish a philosophy and framework for compensation. The department provides the technical infrastructure and analytic capability to ensure informed, data-driven compensation decision-making, internal equity, external competitiveness, and the alignment of employee incentives with organizational objectives.
Harvard’s compensation program is flexible in its application given differing business models among schools and departments, and is responsive to changing market conditions.
- Design and implementation of salary grades and ranges, pay and reward programs
- Analysis of competitive market data, compensation trends and pay practices
- Consultation to decision-makers throughout the University, including executive compensation reviews
- Compensation training and communications; development of up-to-date policies and guidelines
- Compliance with pay-related legal and regulatory obligations