Financial Managers (Tub and Org Approvers) and those with the Reporting User role will be able to run a wide variety of reports in Fieldglass. This will aid them in financially managing the contingent workforce spend, and ensuring financial controls.
There are a number of financial management guidelines that govern the Managed Services Program (MSP). Some are enabled and enforced by Fieldglass. Others are performed manually. Here is a summary.
All financial commitments using sponsored funds, and those >$10K using non-sponsored funds, must be approved by an Org Owner. Financial commitments >$250K must be additionally approved by a Tub Owner.
- The School of Public Health has waived the zero-dollar review of sponsored funds when the commitment is below $10K.
- Harvard (Oracle) will transmit active, valid chart-of-accounts (CoA) code combinations (called CCIDs) to Fieldglass daily. This will support accurate, pick-list driven coding by users. Only CCIDs for tubs enrolled in the MSP will be sent; selection criteria for which CCID's are sent appear in the Program Guidelines.
Corrections, adjustments, and reallocations of hours or costing (coding) can often be done relatively simply in Fieldglass by asking the worker to do a Timesheet Revision, and the manager to re-approve. The results will be re-transmitted from Fieldglass to Oracle. If the worker has already left their assignment at Harvard, please contact the DZConneX PMO to arrange for the needed timesheet revision.
- A guide to Making Corrections in Fieldglass is provided on the Harvard Training Portal (see link below.) Making corrections there is preferred as it results in the detail in Fieldglass and the summary in the Harvard General Ledger staying "in synch".
- Moreover, making corrections in Fieldglass is necessary if there is to be an adjustment in the amount paid to DZConneX by a Harvard department (for example, a correction related to a change in hours, a change in the hourly rate, or reclassification of hours between straight- and overtime.)
- If a costing-only correction is needed, and it too difficult or cumbersome to do in Fieldglass, a Harvard ADI journal may be prepared and sent to the assigned analyst in the Harvard Office of the Controller for upload. Detailed instructions and an example are provided below. Departments choosing to use this correction method are responsible for all subsequent reconciliations and reporting adjustments, as it will result in differences between summary-level data in the GL, and the detail in Fieldglass.
- How to Run Reports in Fieldglass (Harvard Key Protected)
- How to Generate Custom Reports in Fieldglass (Harvard Key Protected)
- Reporting Guide (Harvard Key Protected)
- Making Corrections in Fieldglass (Harvard Key Protected)
- Making Corrections via Harvard ADI Journal with Example (Harvard Key Protected)