Class is two sessions - second class is March 19.
The interactive session will session will include skill-practice opportunities in a safe environment with manager peers. You will explore the coaching manager’s mindset and practice foundational coaching skills including listening and the use of open-ended questions. Coaching is a reflective conversation focused on leveraging and enhancing the staff member’s skills, knowledge, abilities, and perspective to achieve one’s goals and further engagement. You will be expected to apply concepts between sessions and reflect on your experience to develop confidence and skills.
- Three frameworks for a coaching mindset, skills, and each conversation.
- Tips for adapting your coaching style to different circumstances.
- Strategies for integrating coaching into your personal management style.
- Attend both sessions
- Practice skills between the sessions and be prepared to share reflections on day-2
- Talk with your manager about your experience and how you plan to apply skills learned
- Complete pre-work assignment and course evaluation following class-completion