This course provides an overview of the concepts and concrete steps to create accessible documents. Designing with accessibility in mind improves ease of use and access to your content for everyone. To ensure a hands-on learning experience in this course, there are a number of activities for which your laptop will be required.
Software requirements: Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Recommended software: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
This course will provide:
- Understanding of core concepts and benefits of accessible design
- How to use automated accessibility checkers
- Making an accessible Microsoft Word document
- Making an accessible Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
- Learn how to create and convert documents to accessible PDFs
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access (or for any other questions about the course) may contact email@example.com in advance of the training.