This workshop covers key principles and strategies for creating both effective resumes and LinkedIn Profiles. Examples and exercises will be used to highlight the importance of marketing specific skills and experience most sought after by hiring managers. The session will address the similarities and differences between resume and LinkedIn profiles and emphasize the importance of having both as part of your marketing plan. In addition, the workshop will address the role of cover letters in the application process. (Individual resume reviews will not be part of the workshop). Optional: Participants can bring laptops or tablets to view their LinkedIn page during the session.
You will learn:
- Techniques to use key information to create a powerful, dynamic resume that gets attention.
- How to craft a LinkedIn page that complements resumes and cover letters and enhances networking capabilities.
- Tips and best practices for using Harvard’s on-line recruitment system and other online recruitment tools.
Your Commitment as a Participant:
- Understand this session may be one step during the process of completing a resume and LinkedIn Page.
- Actively participate and be prepared to organize past employment and key accomplishments.
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion.
Pre-Work: Participants are strongly encouraged to bring a hard copy of their current resume (even if not updated) for peer review during the session.
Learn more and register on the Harvard Training Portal. Find class information here.