This class explores organizational and individual factors that foster speaking up in the workplace as well as factors that get in the way of speaking up. Speaking up in this class is defined as courageously sharing ideas, feedback or disagreement, even when it might be uncomfortable to do so. The class will offer managers techniques for creating a culture where people do feel encouraged to speak up through tips like managing power cues and setting norms but also through their own role modeling of speaking up.
Offerings of this course are only viewable to Managers. If you believe you should be able to view and attend this course please email email@example.com
You will learn
- Antecedents (pre-existing factors) that help and hinder speaking up
- Thoughts and feelings that happen more “in the moment” that help and hinder speaking up
- Techniques for managing the antecedents and thoughts in service of a culture that encourages speaking up
Your Commitment as a Participant
- Actively participate and be prepared to customize session-content to yourself and your role
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion.
Enrollment Deadline: 1 week before class start date
Late Drop/Cancel Fee: $75
Pre-Work: Participants will be sent pre-work one week prior to the class and should begin all pre-work Activities at that time, this will allow enough time to complete the pre-work.
Learn more and register on the Harvard Training Portal. Find class information here.