At the Arboretum, enjoy FREE activities from 10am-3pm, part of the Highland Street Foundation's Free Fun Fridays! program.
At the Arboretum enjoy free activities like,
- The Caterpillar Lab - Chat with a caterpillar expert about caterpillars native to New England.
- Arborist Station - Meet an Arboretum arborist. See the arborist in action. Try on arborist protective gear and get up close and personal with the special tools used by arborists.
- Watercolor Station - Become inspired by the beauty of the Arboretum and use that inspiration while creating a watercolor masterpiece.
- Some Bugs Storyboard Walk – Read the book Some Bugs while walking along the shady Linden Path up to the Leventritt Garden. Also, take a look at a collection of the real bugs that you are likely to see while exploring the Arboretum.
- On Duck Pond Storyboard Walk – Read the book On Duck Pond while wandering around the three ponds at the Arboretum (Faxon, Dawson and Rehder). Don’t forget to stop and add your very own contribution to the Pond Mural before you move on to your next stop. You can choose a turtle, lily pad, bird, or butterfly and share a discovery, a drawing, or your thoughts about the Arboretum.
- The Building Lab - Create your own fort under the lindens. Use branches pruned from trees in the Arboretum, bamboo and other found objects to construct a one of a kind fort.
Free Fun Fridays! invites Massachusetts residents and tourists to visit designated cultural attractions on Fridays this summer with free admission and free activities. No registration or tickets required. Visit and enjoy!
Large groups and those arriving by bus should contact us so that we can prepare for your arrival and direct you regarding safe drop off and pick-up procedures.
For more information and to contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.384.5209.