Additional day of class: Friday, March 13 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
This class meets for 8-hours over 2-days (4-hours each day), with 3 days between the classes.The first day of this workshop will explore essential elements of effective presentations, including: organization, vocal delivery, physical presence, overcoming nervousness, using visual aids, as well as engaging and holding the audience's attention. You will practice with a short (60-90 seconds) presentation. The second day you will apply new skills by delivering a 3-5 minute presentation on the topic of your choice. Video recorded, these presentations become learning tools that enable immediate feedback on strengths and areas for improvement.
- How to organize your presentation for maximum impact.
- Tips to manage your nerves.
- Your strengths and areas of development as a public speaker.
- Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone (we’ll help you!).
- Commit to attending both sessions and actively participate.
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion.
Learn more and register on the Harvard Training Portal. Find class information here.