Based on the book: HBR Guide to Managing Up and Across, this half-day, 4-hour workshop will cover tools and techniques to empower you as an effective communicator with your manager. Topics covered include style differences, setting clear expectations, and managing your professional development.
You will learn
- Tools for appreciating style differences with your manager(s)
- Strategies to negotiate workload, deadlines, and other workplace issues with your manager(s)
- Techniques for asking clear questions for continuous open communication
Your Commitment as a Participant
- Complete 3-hrs of pre-work reading prior to the class
- Actively participate and be prepared to customize session-content to yourself and your role
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion
Enrollment Deadline: 3- weeks in advance of the class start date.
Late Drop/Cancel Fee: $75.00
Pre-Work: Read portion of provided book prior to the session (80 half-size pages). Participants will be sent the pre-work 3 weeks in advance of class and should begin all pre-work Activities at that time; this will allow enough time to complete the pre-work. Completing pre-work will greatly enhance your participant experience as it is used to complement and support classroom materials. Please consider your ability to finish assignments when registering.
Learn more and register on the Harvard Training Portal. Find class information here.