Presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, this is a comprehensive seminar for those interested in learning more about Medicare whether for themselves, or for a family member or friend who is approaching Medicare eligibility. This program will cover the various parts of Medicare benefits and how they interact as well as important enrollment timelines. (This is NOT a Harvard-specific program and will not cover Harvard post-retirement health coverage or plans.)
Many employees need help understanding the coverage options available to them through Medicare. This seminar is intended to help you make an informed decision about your individual health coverage options.
What will Planning for Medicare – Countdown to 65 cover?
- Medicare and Medicare Parts A and B
- Medicare enrollment timeline
- Medigap plans that help supplement Medicare coverage
- Medicare Advantage plans, such as HMOs and PPOs
- Medicare Part D prescription drug plans
- Plans and programs available to early individuals under age 65, such as COBRA