This workshop will explore challenges behind saying “no” and potential risks, impact, and feelings that prevent us from being honest. Learn how to say “yes” to yourself by identifying what is important and work towards a positive, respectful outcome at work or at home. This course is based on the Harvard Negotiation Program co-founder's book: The Power of a Positive No which will be sent as pre-work.
You will learn
- Techniques to assert your interests while still respecting those of the other.
- Tips for other ways of saying “no”.
- How to invent options for mutual gain while standing up for yourself.
Your Commitment as a Participant
- Complete pre-work assignment prior to class
- Actively participate and be prepared to customize session-content to yourself and your role
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion
Enrollment Deadline: 3- weeks in advance of the class start date.
Pre-Requisite Class: None
Late Drop/Cancel Fee: None
Pre-Work: Read provided book The Power of a Positive No. Participants will be sent the book three weeks prior to the class and should begin all pre-work Activities at that time, this will allow enough time to complete the pre-work.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Class enrollment closes BEFORE April 28th due to required pre-work activities.