This program focuses on equipping managers with the core knowledge and skills required to successfully manage at Harvard.
Topics include important laws, policies, and skills necessary for successfully managing people and for creating an environment that is safe, productive and diverse. In an effort to maximize managers’ participation in the program, content will be offered in a blended format (a mix of online and classroom sessions), with a focus on relatable case scenarios.
Offerings of this course are only viewable to Managers. If you believe you should be able to view and attend this course please email email@example.com.
You will learn
- A manager’s role related to compliance with employment laws like FMLA and Title IX.
- Strategies for creating a safe, productive and diverse work environment.
- Key interpersonal skills needed to successfully manage people.
Your Commitment as a Participant
- Attend all 3 in-class sessions and complete assigned homework including 45 minute on-line modules
- Actively participate and be prepared to customize session-content to yourself and your role
- Practice skills between sessions and be prepared to share reflections
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion
No Enrollment Deadline
Audience: Managers with supervisory responsibility (hiring, performance management, etc.) for at least one direct report
Late Drop/Cancel Fee: None
Learn more and register on the Harvard Training Portal. Find class information here.