Benefits Open Enrollment for 2020 was October 23-November 6, 2019 and is now closed. You will receive a confirmation statement mailed to your home in mid-November. Please review this statement and contact Harvard Benefits immediately if there are any errors.
Everyone enrolled in BCBSMA medical coverage will receive a new ID card in December. Although prescription coverage is not changing, those enrolled in BCBSMA will also receive a new Express Scripts card in December, which should be used to fill prescriptions beginning January 1, 2020.
If you enrolled in or changed your medical, dental, or vision care coverage during Open Enrollment, you will receive your plan ID card(s) in late December. If you elected an FSA for the first time in 2020, you will receive your Benefit Strategies debit card in December.
Plans and changes for 2020
For 2020, there will be several important plan changes including a new administrator for Harvard’s medical plans for active faculty and staff (and eligible retirees under age 65 covered by these plans); consolidation of the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) under a single vendor; and new employee + spouse/domestic partner and employee + child(ren) coverage levels for medical, dental and vision care plans for faculty, nonunion staff, and members of ATC, HUPA and SEIU Custodians. You can find details on the What’s New for 2020 page.
The following resources also provide an overview of 2020 benefits and changes, along with side-by-side comparison of health plan options, and 2020 plan rates:
- 2020 Open Enrollment Guide for Faculty, Administrative/Professional Staff and Nonunion Support Staff
- 2020 Benefits Open Enrollment Guide for Members of HUCTW, HUSPMGU, Local 26 and SEIU Arboretum
- 2020 Benefits Open Enrollment Guide for Members of ATC, HUPA, and SEIU Custodians
- 2020 Benefits Open Enrollment Guide for HB Publishing Employees
- Questions about your coverage and options can also be directed to Harvard’s plan vendors
How to Check If Your Current Providers are in the BCBSMA Network
New to BCBSMA for 2020? You can check whether your doctor is in the BCBSMA network by calling the Harvard-dedicated BCBSMA member services call line at 888-389-7732 or going to BCBSMA website. Click on “Select your network to continue [not logged in]” and choose the following networks from the dropdown menu:
- For the HMO, POS, and POS+ select “HMO Blue New England”
- For the PPO, PPO+, and HDHP select “PPO or EPO”
You may also check directly with your provider(s), referring to the plan names above.