Benefits Open Enrollment for 2021 is coming: November 10-19, 2020
This is your annual opportunity to review your benefit options and choose the ones that best meet your needs.
Preview of Benefit Changes for 2021
New Vision Plan Carrier
For 2021, Harvard’s vision plan will move to a new carrier, EyeMed, which will replace Davis Vision. If you’re currently enrolled in the vision plan, you will automatically be moved to the EyeMed plan and don’t need to take any action unless you want to make a change.
Moving to Digital/Email Delivery for OE Guides for faculty, non-union staff and HUCTW members
For the following groups, Harvard will provide the 2021 benefit information by email in late October, with a link to an easy-to-navigate digital Open Enrollment Guide that you and your family can review:
- Administrative/professional staff
- Support staff including HUCTW members
- Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) employees
To ensure sure you receive yours promptly, be sure to check that your Harvard email address is correct in PeopleSoft and select My Personal Details > Contact Details. If you need to make any changes to your Harvard work email, please contact your local HR by October 9, 2020.
Members of other Service & Trades unions as well as those on long-term disability, Workers Compensation and unpaid leaves will continue to receive their 2021 Open Enrollment Guide by mail. If you have moved, please update your address in PeopleSoft by October 9 to be sure you receive materials promptly.
Changes for SEIU Arboretum members
Under the most recent contract for SEIU Arboretum members, there will be a number of changes to health plans for 2021, including changes to copayments, adoption of the 4-tiered medical plan rate structure and 4-tiered family plan structrure for medical, dental and vision plans, adoption of the enhanced dental plan and more. SEIU Arboretum members will receive additional details in their Open Enrollment Guide.
Health Plan Rates
You can see 2021 rates by selecting the link below for your employee group:
- Faculty, Administrative/Professional Staff and Nonunion Staff
- HUCTW, HUSPMGU and Local 26 bargaining unit (union) members
- ATC, HUPA, and SEIU members (Custodian and Arboretum)
- Harvard Business Publishing employees
Additional information will be provided beginning in mid-October to assist you in making the best coverage decisions for you and your family:
- A comparison of features and coverage for the plans will be included in the 2021 Open Enrollment Guide available in late October
- HARVie updates, including additional information from benefit plan providers
- Ask Alex: Online tool to compare benefit options and costs for faculty, administrative/professional and nonunion staff - 2021 version available in late- October