New: Leading and Managing in a Hybrid Work Environment Toolkit
Organizational Development Consulting Services
To help Harvard executives and faculty leaders manage complex changes and improve their organizational effectiveness, the Center for Workplace Development (CWD) offers organizational development consulting services. To learn more about our organizational development consulting services, please contact your Local Human Resources Office or the CWD Relationship Manager for your School/Department.
Our organizational development consultants can help you and your team with challenges such as:
- Before and After-Action Review: To prepare for change initiatives involving multiple stakeholders, you will learn to set expectations, capture learning, and build shared knowledge.
- Culture Change: Support the overall strategic directives of a specific school or unit through targeted, cultural change.
- Change Management: Learn to manage and proactively plan for large-scale changes.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Build high-performing organizations that attract and retain engaged, motivated, productive, and diverse talent by cultivating leaders who inspire inclusion and champion diversity.
- Engagement: Increase engagement by implementing strategies at the leadership, manager, and employee levels—thereby boosting productivity and bottom-line performance while reducing hiring and retention costs.
- Executive Coaching: Accelerate the performance and effectiveness of high-performing and/or high-potential executives and faculty leaders.
- Executive Onboarding/Leadership Transition: Prepare new executives and faculty leaders for the social, cultural, and professional components of their roles.
- Innovation: Empower schools and units to create new opportunities for growth by combining best practices from lean startup, design thinking, creativity tools, strategic communications, and innovation research.
- Organizational Assessment: Address the challenges that impede individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Organizational Design: Increase effectiveness by helping realize a new organizational strategy.
- Senior Team Effectiveness: Resolve suboptimal team performance or dynamics and restore high performance.
- Strategy Development: Establish priorities that are essential to an organization’s mission and reflective of the changing environment.
- Succession Management: Enhance your ability to quickly fill senior-level positions by proactively identifying key roles and talent.
Our organization effectiveness toolkits are intended to be used by school and unit leaders and managers across Harvard in partnership with their CWD and HR colleagues. Frequently updated to reflect current realities, the toolkits offer step-by-step best practices for proactively leading and managing major organizational dynamics and change.
- Change Leadership Toolkit
- Culture Change Toolkit
- Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity Toolkit
- Leading and Managing in a Hybrid Work Environment Toolkit (an updated toolkit will be posted in late April)
- Leading and Managing in a Hybrid Work Environment Template
- Organization Redesign Toolkit
- Organization Redesign Planning Worksheet
- Real Time LearningToolkit
- Strategic Planning Toolkit
- Team Effectiveness Toolkit
Our organization effectiveness tip sheets provide leaders and managers with just-in-time, practical strategies for responding to emergent challenges. Informed by the latest research, these resources help you take action when workplace changes have you asking: "What do we do now?"