Looking for a job at Harvard? Whether you’re a current employee or interested in a position at Harvard, everything you need to start your job search is on Harvard Careers, our job application portal. You can access Harvard Careers on your desktop, laptop or mobile device, where you’ll be able to:
- View all job opportunities,
- Search on specific criteria to find jobs that interest you,
- Set up a search agent that will notify you when positions are posted that match your qualifications.
- Create a personal profile that HR officers and recruiters across campus will see, without having to apply for a specific job.
Harvard Careers will guide you through a step-by-step process to apply for jobs online, and you’ll receive email updates about the status of your candidacy throughout the hiring process.
Administrative/Staff Jobs - External Candidates
If you are an external candidate, use Harvard Careers to search open positions. Click the button above or here for listings for external candidates to see the Job listings.
Administrative/Staff Jobs - Internal Candidates
If you are a current Harvard employee, you will also use Harvard Careers to find openings - click here or on the button above here for listings for internal candidates to log in using your HarvardKey, which gives you early access to certain Harvard positions.
As a Harvard employee, you get a 10-day head start to view many positions before external candidates can see them. This applies to:
- all open HUCTW positions;
- most open service/trades positions.
Faculty and Other Academic Positions
Hiring for faculty positions and post-doctoral fellowships at Harvard is usually conducted by academic deans and department chairs, and administered by offices for academic or faculty affairs at each school. Faculty and academic positions are posted at academicpositions.harvard.edu, or you can click the button above to access listings.