No. Search services to fill posted Harvard (non-temporary) jobs are not in scope; however, some enrolled MSP suppliers may also offer or provide search services to Harvard separately. Contingent workers supplied through the Program may also convert from "temp to perm" if they are hired by Harvard as a result of their temp assignment. When this happens, the supplier may be entitled to a conversion fee.
Managing Contingent Work at Harvard
In April 2018, Harvard made significant changes to better manage its contingent -- or temporary -- workforce.
- We adopted a new business model for hiring and paying contingent labor -- specifically, temps from staffing agencies and Harvard-identified resources who are externally-payrolled, typically because they live and work out-of-state.
- We entered into a new business partnership with a vendor-neutral managed service provider (MSP), DZConneX (formerly, Yoh). DZConneX will rationalize and then optimize the supply base over time.
- We implemented a new vendor management system (or VMS), Fieldglass. The system is being used by Harvard Managers, the MSP, suppliers, and contingent workers. It is allowing us to automate the new process from "req to check" and provide complete visbility into the details of Harvard's spend.
The main goals of the program are to:
- reduce the administrative burden associated with finding qualified contingent talent, contracting, and paying invoices;
- save 10% on Harvard's contingent workforce spend;
- rationalize and then optimize a highly-fragmented supply base;
- reduce operational, legal and compliance risks.
Since the program’s inception in 2018, all Harvard tubs have now joined the Managed Services Program (MSP). To date, over $7M has been saved across the university.
Contingent Workforce Local Implementation Managers
All Harvard schools and departments should obtain hourly-paid contingent resources exclusively from enrolled staffing agencies via the MSP. Please contact the Local Implementation Manager (LIM) with questions about how the MSP works in your area.
For all support, questions and issues, please email the onsite DZConneX Program Management Office (PMO) or call 617-495-1508. Though working remotely currently, they are normally located at 124 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge and are available during regular business hours.