Harvard offers comprehensive dental benefits to eligible employees and their dependents through the Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier plan, including a distinctive extended benefit for for faculty and nonunion staff.
- Coverage includes dentists “in network” in Delta’s Premier and PPO networks; 97% of Massachusetts’ dentists participate.
- You can also choose to see “out-of-network” dentists, but this may increase your out-of-pocket costs.
- To see if your dentist is in network, visit www.deltadentalma.com
- Dental benefits cover preventive, basic, restorative, major, and orthodontic services. Preventive care is 100% covered. Other services are covered at 25%-50% after deductible (some plan limits apply); for more information please refer to our Dental Plan Overview.
- You can choose between PPO and Premier network dentists; PPO dentists cost less.
- Dentists agree to accept Delta’s negotiated rate; you can’t be billed for the difference.
- The University Health Services Dental Clinic and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine Faculty Practice participate in the network.
- Plans for staff covered by a Local 26, HUPA, HUPSMGU and SEIU provide up to $3,000 of coverage per covered family member, while the plan for faculty and nonunion staff, HUCTW and ATC members offers a unique design with a second level of coverage above this amount.
2017 Monthly Premiums
|Faculty, administrative/professional staff, and other non-union staff, HUCTW and ATC|
|Local 26 members|
|Members of HUPA, HUSPMGU and SEIU|
Plan rates vary based on differences in deductible amounts and plan maximums.