Harvard Senior Administrator Fellowships for Executive Education

The Harvard Senior Administrator Fellowships for Executive Education allow qualifying staff to participate in the University’s Executive Education and Continuing Education programs, mostly at no cost. 

Harvard’s Executive Education programs attract accomplished leaders from around the globe who come to learn from our renowned faculty and each other, while addressing their strategic challenges. Program topics include leadership, negotiation, management, strategy, and operations. Eligible staff are encouraged to apply for a fellowship in an area that will advance their thinking and professional practice.

Eligibility and Application Process

For 2022, there are currently 35 placements available. 

To be eligible, you must be a Harvard staff member in grade 59 or above and a minimum of one year of service is recommended.

To apply, complete the application and indicate the program to which you are applying. Applications are reviewed by CWD and local Human Resources teams. If approved, applications are forwarded to the Executive Education Program provider for final consideration.

Deadlines

  • For programs taking place February – May, applications are due by January 31 and notifications will be sent in early February.
  • For programs taking place June – July, applications are due by March 31 and notifications will be sent in April. 
  • For programs taking place August – December, applications are due by May 31 and notifications will be sent in June.

If you receive a Fellowship, you will be notified of the award and then asked to complete the program-specific application with the Executive Education provider/school. If you have questions about the Fellowship or eligible Executive Education programs, please email training@harvard.edu.

Program Opportunities

The following programs are open through the Fellowship:

Faculty/School Eligible Programs Number of places Fellowship Support
Division of Continuing Education

Any program that costs $2,895 or less.

5 100% tuition
Graduate School of Design

Net Zero Cities 

Advanced Technologies for High-Performing Buildings

Affordable Housing Fundamentals and Frontiers

Using Data to Design Your Workplace

Other programs may be added during the year

2 100% tuition
Graduate School of Education 

The Online Classroom: Strategies for Higher Ed Teaching and Learning

Bravely Confronting Racism in Higher Education

2 total: 1 for each program 100% tuition
Harvard Business School All open enrollment programs of one week or less 3

30% tuition*

Applicant will be responsible for 70% balance of tuition fees:

Average 1 week program tuition is $15,750. Fellowship covers $4,725 and applicant is responsible for $11,025 tuition balance.

Harvard Divinity School

Making Change Program

1 100% tuition
Harvard Kennedy School

All open enrollment programs except the list below

The following programs are not eligible for the Fellowship:
Comparative Tax Policy and Administration
Infrastructure in a Market Economy
Leading Economic Growth
Senior Executive Fellows
Senior Executives in State & Local Goverment
Senior Managers in Goverment
Senior Executives in National and Interntional Security

3 100% tuition
HKS Public Leadership Credential

“A” course offerings, starting in Fall 2022*
Evidence for Decisions: From Descriptions to Decisions
Leadership and Ethics: Moral Leadership in Personal Practice

Policy Design and Delivery: A Systematic Approach

1-2 seats in each course 90% tuition*
Harvard Law School

Computer Science for Lawyers

Leadership in Corporate Counsel

Women's Leadership Initiative

2 100% tuition
Harvard Medical School

Leading Digital Transformation in Health Care

Designing and Implementing AI Solutions for Health Care

2 100% tuition
Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health

Work, Health and Wellbeing

Leading in Health Systems – Navigating Crisis and Change

2 total: 1 for each program 100% tuition
Program on Negotiation at HLS Negotiation and Leadership: Dealing with Difficult People and Problems

7 total: 2 (May), 2 (June-July), 3 (September, October, December)

100% tuition

* For these programs, the Fellowship will support partial tuition and departments are encouraged to support the remaining tuition. (For HBS, Fellowship supports 30% of tuition and departments are encouraged to support the remaining 70%; for HKS Public Leadership Credential, Fellowship supports 90% of tuition and departments are encouraged to support the remaining 10%.)