Harvard is pleased to inaugurate for the academic year of 2017-18, the Harvard Senior Administrator Fellowships for Executive Education. These fellowships will provide opportunities for staff to participate in outstanding professional learning experiences offered throughout the University’s Executive Education and Continuing Education programs, often at no cost*.
Harvard’s Executive Education programs, led and taught by faculty across nine schools, attract organizational and institutional leaders from across the country and around the world to learn from our renowned faculty and each other, while working to solve their own key strategic challenges.
Through the leadership of Harvard’s Executive Education and Continuing Education programs, the Harvard Senior Administrator Fellowships for Executive Education will provide 20 placements for senior administrators in these programs.
Senior level staff at Harvard will have a significant learning and growth opportunity, to join our faculty, and a cohort of international peers who are engaged in leading large, complex organizations. Program topics include leadership, negotiation, management, strategy, and operations. Eligible staff are encouraged to apply for a fellowship in an area of interest that will help advance their thinking and professional practice.
Eligibility and Application Process
Harvard staff in grades 60 and above, with at least two years of service are eligible.
To apply, you must complete an application and indicate the program to which you are applying. Applicants must meet that program’s admission criteria in addition to those of the Fellowship.
The Harvard Senior Administrator Fellowships for Executive Education accepts applications on the following schedule:
- Applications are due by May 1 for June–August programs, with expected notification in late May
- Applications are due by June 30 for September–December programs, with expected notification in August
- Applications are due by September 30 for spring 2018 programs, with expected notification in November
Once candidates are notified they have received a Fellowship, accepted Fellows will be asked to complete the program specific application directly with the school.
If you have questions about the Fellowship or the programs offered, please email email@example.com.
The following programs are open through the Fellowship.
|Faculty/School||Eligible Programs||Number of places||Fellowship Support|
|Division of Continuing Education||CLOSED - 5 DCE SLOTS FILLED FOR FY18||100% tuition|
|Graduate School of Design||Leadership and Design Thinking||2||100% tuition|
|Graduate School of Education||
All Programs may be found under Harvard Institutes for Higher Education:
• Women in Education Leadership
• Including Ourselves in the Change Equation
• Leading Libraries in the Digital Age
• Mindfulness for Educators
• Crisis Leadership in Higher Education (joint with HKS)
Two-week intensive summer institutes in the Harvard Institutes for Higher Education portfolio:
• Management Development Program
• Institute for Leadership and Management in Education
• Institute for Educational Management
|Space-available basis with special consideration||30% tuition*|
|Harvard Business School||All open enrollment programs of one week or less||3||30% tuition*|
|Harvard Kennedy School||All open enrollment programs of one week or less||2||100% tuition|
|Harvard Law School||Accelerated Leadership Program||2||100% tuition|
|Harvard Medical School||All open enrollment programs of one week or less||2||100% tuition|
|Program on Negotiation at HLS||Negotiation and Leadership: Dealing with Difficult People and Problems||2||100% tuition|
* For these programs, the Fellowship will support 30% of tuition through the Fellowship. Departments are encouraged to support the remaining 70% of the cost. Participants may also be eligible for some funding through the Education Assistance Fund.