The Center for Workplace Development (CWD) offers executive coaching for faculty leaders and senior administrative leaders (grades 60+ unless otherwise noted). Coaching is a reflective conversation focused on leveraging and enhancing an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, and perspectives to achieve goals and further one's engagement.
Announcement: FY22 Team Coaching Program
Based on the success of our Team Coaching Pilot (learn more here), CWD is pleased to announce the FY22 Leadership Team Coaching Program. This is a supported learning engagement designed to increase capability and performance of select Harvard leadership teams.
CWD held an Info Session on September 30; if your team is interested in Team Coaching and you did not attend this session, please request the recording. Please note the following eligibility criteria:
- Existing teams made up of leaders/managers and their respective team members. The work of team members is interdependent, sharing a common purpose and reasons to cooperate
- Leadership teams or large-scale project teams that need to work together for at least one year post-program
- Team size is 4 to 8 individuals (some flexibility for groups of 3, or up to 9)
- Diverse team are encourage to apply
- Benefits-eligible employees only (team members cannot be contractors)
- Teams with individual performance management issues cannot be considered. Please seek out other resources.
Please continue to check this page for updates. For more information and links to upcoming sessions or to the recording of the September 30th session, contact Hilary Marcus at email@example.com or Kristen Scott at Kristen_scott@harvard.edu.
Team Effectiveness Toolkit
Executive coaching for high-performing leaders who have a current leadership challenge and a desire to take action and create a plan through an interactive process of learning and applying new behavior. These engagements typically last 6 months and include a 360-degree assessment.
Onboarding coaching helps foster a smooth transition into a new senior level position for both internal promotions and external hires and is a partnership between the coach, the new senior leader, and their manager. Senior-leader onboarding coaching helps newly placed faculty leaders and executives navigate areas most critical to their success. These engagements typically last 3 months.
- Short-term coaching focused on a very specific leadership challenge that can be addressed in a 3-session engagement is offered for university leaders grades 59 and above.
To learn more about our executive coaching and new leader coaching services, Harvard executives and faculty leaders can contact the CWD Relationship Manager for your School/Department directly.